This is a voluntary-aided comprehensive school for girls aged 11 to 18 and has 900+ on roll. The original school building (at what is now the Upper School) in Stamford Hill was opened in 1890. A second building was acquired in 1972 for use as the Lower School when the School became the first voluntary-aided comprehensive in Inner London, providing high quality education in one of the most deprived parts of the city.
The school is non-denominational and has a rich culture of ethnic backgrounds and languages. Over the last years there has been a steady improvement in standards of achievement, and at the same time there have been innovative developments to the curriculum. Sixth form teaching is provided in conjunction with neighbouring voluntary-aided Schools on a consortium basis.
It is now a Business and Enterprise College under the Specialist School initiative. The split-site nature of the school has many disadvantages and it has long been the aim of The Skinners’ Company to place the School on a single site. Discussions are now taking place with a view to achieving this by 2010.
© 2007 – The Skinners’ Company